Protection against the Coronavirus/COVID-19March 24, 2020
What You Can Do
While a new type of illness can be scary, you can help protect yourself by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations for preventing respiratory illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and put it in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get the influenza vaccine.
As the latest coronavirus continues to spread in the United States, we are asking that if you are sick with fever and/or respiratory symptoms, please call our office before coming in for your appointment. Visitors not allowed to accompany patients to their appointments.